Lymphatic Drainage Massage mechanically moves excess fluids through the body tissues via lymphatic vessels. It helps to reduce the swelling (oedema) and reduce or eliminate pain. It is also known to boost energy levels and flush toxins from your body.
Lymphatic Drainage Massage is a very gentle and light technique used to move the interstitial fluid under the skin. It stretches microfilaments just below the skin which control openings to the lymph vessels allowing the interstitial fluid to enter the lymphatic system.
Facial Oedema occurs for a number of different reasons. It is important to know what causes this and in some instances a medical examination may be advised prior to proceeding with a Lymphatic Drainage Massage.
Medical Conditions that benefit from Lymphatic Drainage Massage
- Glandular Fever
- M.E. or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Sinus problems, Hay Fever
- Digestive issues
- Stress, Anxiety
- Acne, Rosacea and other skin issues
- People who suffer regularly from colds/flu
- Pre or Post Operative conditions particularly where lymph nodes have been removed or impaired
(with cancer treatment, this must be in remission/clear as there could be a danger of moving cancer cells. It is advisable to have the Doctors permission to proceed with Lymphatic Drainage Massage)
- Post cosmetic surgery
- Sedentary lifestyles where there is not much physical movement (elderly/frail/ill)
Other benefits of Lymphatic Drainage Massage
- Helps to boost the immune system
- Helps to ward off illnesses
- Helps with pain from fractures and sprains
- Promotes the body’s own healing mechanisms
Feel free to contact Kirkys Therapies with any queries you may have.